Followers

Thursday, April 11, 2013


OK, so I used a little different picture for the painting, I liked the bee and close up of the flowers better as a composition. I simplified the shapes, by overlaying tracing paper on the photo, and putting the simple shapes on the paper to "mark space...save space..." I then "traced a few significant details, like the center of the flower within the circular "space saver" line. I have done this MANY times so I then worked directly with the photo, but I could have added simple shapes or more details to look at and get them on my painting paper. By doing a drawing this way NOT looking at all the details of a photo, only the shapes you put on the tracing paper, you learn to see fast and more accurately. I don't actually trace onto the painting, I wish there was another name other than "tracing" paper, maybe seeing paper!! ha. I think about that. More progress to come on my little bee tulip painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment